Remote Conference Tool Demo
You can try out a 5-minute demo of theBookAnyone full featured remote conderencing / teaching software here: https://wb.bookanyone.com/demo
This demo url cannot be tested with others, but rest assured when a booking takes place, you’ll have 2-way video and audio for any service you create on BookAnyone that you set as remote.
You can use BookAnyone remote tool not just for audio / video, but also to share files, real time remote desktop sharing and also co-browsing documents. Use the integrated dropbox button to upload/download files to the BookAnyone Remote Conferencing Tool.
BookAnyone Remote Feature Guide
|Press and hold the left mouse button to draw on the whiteboard (or use your finger if using a touch-screen device). You can also plug a graphics tablet into your computer, which makes it easier to draw freehand. Click the right-button for undo/select context menu, and use the mouse wheel or trackpad to scroll and zoom.|
|Uploads an image or document to the server and displays the first page on the whiteboard. Use the previous and next page buttons (at the bottom of the whiteboard) to move between pages of a multi-page document.|
|Loads a saved picture|
|Saves the current whiteboard state. Also allows you to save all pages to your local computer as a pdf.|
|Clears the whiteboard.|
|Allows you to select items on the whiteboard (to move/resize/copy/paste/delete). Images which have been pasted or dropped onto the whiteboard can also be rotated and resized.|
|Copy selected item(s) to clipboard.|
|Cut selected item(s) to clipboard.|
|Paste copied items into whiteboard.|
|Delete selected item(s).|
|Crops the whiteboard to the selected area.|
|Prints the current whiteboard state.|
|Displays a grid on the whiteboard.|
|Share a YouTube video. Video playback is synchronized, except on iOS Safari.|
|Opens the shared rich-text / code editor, for synchronized text editing.|
|Share your screen.|
|Displays this help page.|
|Draws freehand lines.|
|Eraser tool (white color/large size).|
|Draws straight lines.|
|Draws ovals and circles.|
|Draws filled ovals and circles.|
|Draws squares and rectangles.|
|Draws filled squares and rectangles.|
|Fills an area with the current color (click on the whiteboard to fill from that point).|
|Select tool: allows you to select a single object or range of objects. Either click with the mouse on the object you wish to select or click and hold the mouse button and a rectangle will appear. All objects will be selected that fall within the rectangle when you release the mouse button.|
|Laser pointer: allows you to highlight areas on the whiteboard without making any permanent marks.|
|Pan tool: allows you to scroll around the screen.|
|Polygon tool: click on the whiteboard to place each vertex, then double-click (or long-touch) to finish.|
|Filled polygon tool: click on the whiteboard to place each vertex, then double-click (or long-touch) to finish.|
|Transparent polygon tool: click on the whiteboard to place each vertex, then double-click (or long-touch) to finish.|
|Highlighter tool: draws using a semi-transparent brush.|
|Brings up an extended color palette.|
|Drag the slider to change the current text/pen size.|
|Changes the current whiteboard page.|
|Brings up the chat window. Click the icon to display the list of other users in the room.|
|Allows you to zoom in or out.|
|If video is enabled, you should see your video preview|
window at the top, and other users’ video below it. Click on the X below the
video window to stop sending your video to other users. Below the video window
is the audio recording meter: the circle lights up red when your voice is
being transmitted to other users, and the red bar shows the current recording
signal level of your microphone. You will see a green triangle underneath
other users’ video windows when they are transmitting audio.
Move the slider to the right to increase your headphones/loudspeaker volume
Cursor keys: Moves between pages, or moves a selected object (use shift key to move object more quickly).
General Audio Troubleshooting
- If you experience echos, make sure both users are using headphones or a headset. (Bear in mind that iphone earphones are not fully compatible with Macs, so you may still experience echos). Alternatively you can use the Firefox browser, which includes built-in echo cancellation.
- Make sure you plug in your headset before logging into the remote tool. (If you plug in your headset in after connecting to the remote tool and it isn’t working, try reloading the remote tool web page).
- Make sure your headset is properly plugged in, and that you have given permission to the browser to use your microphone (see below for more details).
- Try reloading the remote tool web page, or using a different browser if you have problems. Chrome and Firefox work best.
- When you speak, you should see a horizontal red bar move underneath your video window. You will also see a red circle light up under your video. If you don’t see these, it means that the Remote Tool is not picking up your microphone.
- When the other user speaks, you should see a green triangle light up under their video window. If you see the green triangle light up but don’t hear anything, it means that your headphones aren’t working. Try reloading the page and check your headphones are set up correctly. (Check to see if you can listen to a youtube video through them).
- If the other user reports that your voice is breaking up, check your microphone volume. You will see the volume controls underneath the video windows. When you speak, the red bar should fill at least 50% of the rectangle. If that does not happen, try increasing your microphone volume.
Chrome microphone/webcam permissions
Chrome will pop up a permissions window when you log into the BookAnyone Remote Tool:
Simply click “Allow” to give permission to use your microphone. You only need to do this once, and Chrome will remember in future.
To change your microphone settings in Chrome (assuming you have already given or denied permission to use your microphone), click on the little icon at the right-hand side of the url bar that looks like a video camera:
If you previously denied permission to allow microphone/webcam access, you can reset the chrome audio/video permissions.
Firefox microphone/webcam permissions
Firefox will pop up a permissions window when you log into the BookAnyone Remote Tool:
Simply click “Share selected devices” to give the BookAnyone Remote Tool permission to use your microphone and/or camera. You can choose “Always share” from the drop-down menu (to the right of the “Share selected devices” button) if you always want to give permission.
To change your microphone settings in Firefox (assuming you have already given or denied permission to use your microphone), click on the little icon at the left-hand side of the url bar that looks like a video camera.
This will allow you to select a different microphone (if your computer has more than one), or give permission if you previously didn’t give permission.
Safari microphone/webcam permissions
Safari will pop up a permissions window when you log into the BookAnyone Remote Tool.
Simply click on “Allow” to give the BookAnyone Remote Tool permission to use your microphone and/or camera. If you don’t see this popup, go to “Safari->Settings for this website” and check the Camera and Microphone permissions.
BookAnyone’s Remote Tool works great with most graphics tablets including Wacom and Huion brands. If you have a tablet but are having trouble drawing, please make sure to uncheck “Support TabletPC” (for Huion), and uncheck “Use Windows Ink” (for Wacom).